Goodbye la France

I'm Francesca Tereshkova, a British girl who washed up on the shores of France aboard a Eurolines bus in 1998. I came to France the day after I finished my University finals. I'm now 32 with two children. I married my Russian boyfriend (now 'hubski') in 2003. And I've learned as much about France as I need to know. In August 2006, I brought my family back 'home' to the UK. We're still adjusting... This is my story.

Name:
Location: Formerly the Parisian suburbs, now the town of E., Darkest Oxfordshire, United Kingdom

I get perverse enjoyment from doing the opposite of what everyone else does. I wish I could stop but I can't. So when thousands of Frenchies were leaving France to find work and to make a better life in the UK, I chose to do exactly the opposite. That was in 1998. My French experience is unlike any I have read about in the vast Brit-in-France literary sub-genre. I have no French boyfriend or family, no country house. Dog poo has never inspired me to pick up a pen. I have recently given up on France ever changing, or me ever changing, and brought my family back to the strange new world that is England in 2006. This blog, part life-story, part diary, is my way of saying goodbye la France, and hello Angleterre (or in the Oxfordshire vernacular, 'Orwoight?').

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hellooooooo-oooo!!??

Look, I know you're out there. I have an invisible stat counter. And I note with pleasure that I have a small but ever-growing band of followers (still in double figures, but give it time).

So I can't help suffering from blog envy when I read other people's blogs and see they have comments on theirs. I did have one comment, but it was an ad for penis enlargement...

So please don't be shy. Delurk yourself. Slip me a comment or two, say what you think, share your experiences, what makes you laugh, what you like, what you don't.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there then

At least un francais a lu ton blog aujourd'hui ;)

3:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog today and have been reading through your archives for a couple of hours.

I find it riviting, and will continue to follow your adventures where ever life may take you.

Good luck.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home